Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Emerging from...the pit of despair, cliffs of insanity, inconceivable...

...or the library
As of this last friday, I am no longer an unexamined first year law student!! I FINISHED THE SEMESTER!! (without going insane!) Thank you everyone who has been praying for me during this crazy time. I'm especially grateful for Christa's enabling love and patience--it is so wonderful to have her by my side, adding a much needed eternal perspective to my tendency to over-focus on the matter at hand.
We got back from Brazil on the 27th of December and have lived the life of medieval monk ever since. My first final was on Saturday (Criminal Law), then Monday (Civil Procedure), Wednesday (Contracts), and Friday (Torts). Christa had to be gone for a week on a business conference, and the Lord blessed us with a tender mercy so that it overlapped on finals week where I was on campus until very late anyways.
I'm not sure how the grades will turn out in the end (I've realized certain things are more/less effective for next semester), but I love the feeling that comes from working as hard as you can and then leaving the rest to the Lord. I know that God lives and that with His help we can triumph over all things.

6 comments:

Marguerite Kloepfer said...

Rob, that is wonderful that you zoomed through all your finals! Grandpa Lion and I are so proud of you and everything you're doing. We're proud of christa, too, doing so great with her new incredible job! Cheers for both of you!
Lion and turtle

Matt said...

I hope you played the Rocky theme song or Eye of the Tiger each morning to get you pumped.

I started a tradition of wearing a soccer jersey to every exam, and kept it up all through law school. I dubbed it my lucky shirt to wage psychological warfare on other test-takers!! J/K. Actually, it was to add something fun to an otherwise hyper-stressful situation.

Natalie said...

Congratulations Rob! We're glad to have you back in the land of the living. You're awesome, and so are you Christa! You deserve a pat on the back too! :)

Love you guys.
N

jb said...

Way to go, Rob! I know you did great.

Mama KK said...

Hooray for Rob! And Christa, too! We are all so proud of you! And we are very excited with the prospects of you coming to live with us this summer while you clerk for the law firm here. Parabens!

Mark and Aupreille said...

The harder you work, the sweeter your pea soup.
Keep up the good work, bro!